The Amazon EventBridge team is on a mission to transform the way developers architect, build, and deploy large scale, event driven applications that are scalable and secure out of the box. Our goal is to make the development experience plumbing-free and let developers focus their time on bringing new ideas to life quickly and easily by removing the heavy lifting.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated UX designer to join our mission. You'll be part of a closely bonded, innovative and passionate team in a fun, fast-paced environment with the entrepreneurial feel of a start up and the resources of Amazon.
You'll work in partnership with Developers, Product Managers, other UX Designers, Technical Writers and Developer Advocates in order to complete your daily tasks. You'll have the opportunity to own the project from ideation to delivery with lots of autonomy and limited guidance. Your decisions will be driven by metrics and informed by your practical experience, high level of skill and insight into intuitive UX design. You are a keen leaner. We don't expect you to be an expert in, or even be familiar with AWS domain knowledge, but we do expect you to be excited to learn. You are a problem solver, strive to get things done, and drive projects forward.
This role can be based in Toronto or Vancouver and we're open to hiring Intermediate-level to Senior-level UX Designers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in UX design or related discipline.
- An online portfolio of UX work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows for technical customers and/or experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
- Experience working in a collaborative, diverse team, working directly with product managers, and front-end engineers for implementation of designs.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Creative and Graphic Design