At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Halifax, Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 380 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients
To learn more about Microserve, click here.
Position Overview and Summary:
Microserve’s Business Process Management (BPM) team is growing, and we are looking for a Training Specialist to join our Team remotely anywhere in Western Canada. As the Training Specialist, you will be supporting the BPM Team with researching, identifying, and documenting the training needs as needed by different departments within Microserve. Training needs are based on performance objectives and existing skill sets, including conducting on-site assessments with the end user groups and key stakeholders.
As the Training Specialist, you will develop learning content for Microserve employees ensuring they have the right knowledge and skills to successfully do their job. The primary method of delivery will be eLearning, with some responsibility for developing content for face-to-face and instructor-led online training.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Prepare training strategies and delivery methodology analyses.
- Prepare cost/benefit analyses for training facilities and deliverables.
- Develop training delivery plans, instructional guidelines, and performance standards and assessment mechanisms.
- Plan and direct the work of training material developers and coordinating activities with system development staff.
- Supervise the implementation and adaptation of training products to customer requirements.
- Prepare materials and conducting presentations for senior customer representatives.
- Identify best channels to broadcast training and manage communications
- Strategize training content distribution including how to promote, manage and maintain content
- Inspect and monitor training completion to ensure adherence, success, collect feedback to enhance
- Responsible to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, through presentations, Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews, one-on-one, meetings, e-mails and other correspondence
- Manage a multitude of projects at any one give time, while being able to work with a team and meet respective deadlines
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to analyze, design, develop, storyboard, narrate, edit, assess, and evaluate and build training curriculum.
- Create and integrate interactive elements into eLearning courses, including graphics, audio, narrations, gamification, etc.
- Organize updates to existing learning materials for the continuous improvement of course content.
- Perform quality assurance testing during the development life cycle of training programs, products and services.
Learning systems management
- Manage the LMS course assignment, course creation and distribution, monitor and analyze data to ensure KPI’s are met and identify recommendations/improvements
- Learn new tools and technology to provide the best experience for the learners.
- Define the content distribution strategy to ensure content is relevant, accurate and easily found by users
- Manage content / knowledge base hubs ensuring users can easily find everything they need
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement third party learning solutions, materials and media as appropriate, while managing vendors/suppliers.
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning solutions and use the data to continuously improve our learning solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience as it relates to instructional design/Training Specialist
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in instructional design, education, marketing or equivalent
- Management, design, development, and delivery of training courses preferably within the IT industry
- Experience with course development, building program content and converting to online learning and training simulations
- Experience with modern eLearning authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline
- Experience with social learning techniques and gamification preferred
- Experience with video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro is preferred
- Experience with graphics/illustration tools such as Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop is preferred
- Demonstrated competency in instructional design, curriculum development and e-Learning
- Strong command within the Microsoft suite offerings
- Knowledge of mobile learning tools and standards
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills