In EY Tax, you'll have the opportunity to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You'll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company's business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. The opportunity
As a Tax Services Senior, you will be a part of our Business Tax Incentives (BTI) practice. Our multidisciplinary tax incentives team, specializing in scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax credits and other tax credits and incentives. We offer an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior to play a key role in EY's rapidly growing and dynamic Incentives practice.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior for our Business Tax Incentive's practice, you will …
• be exposed to exciting, state-of-the-art R&D work in Canada
• have a wide variety of challenging responsibilities
• learn about a broad range of industries from a business
• have an opportunity to play a key role in a specialized and growing area in Ernst & Young's tax practice
• develop skills and knowledge, including BTI tax law, costing, presentation and educational seminar planning and delivery, project management, risk judgment and business development.
Skills and attributes for success
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for assessing projects in clients, to determine whether they qualify for tax credits or other incentives under federal and provincial BTI programs. Specific responsibilities include:
• preparing BTI related claims, including costing summaries, linking to supporting documentation
• collecting appropriate documentation for input to reports
• working with a technical specialist in the preparation of the science portion and the submission of the tax claim
• assisting in the defense of BTI claims with tax authorities
• conducting follow-up with clients to validate information
• training client staff through presentations, seminars and coaching
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting
• Professional accounting designation
• Corporate Income tax experience considered an asset
• Proficiency in Excel, Corporate Tax Prep software knowledge considered an asset
• Fluency in both English and French
• A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
• Mature, proactive, dedicated, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today . EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.