Ever wondered how AWS (think of S3, EC2, DynamoDB, and more), the Amazon retail web site, Alexa, Prime Video, and hundreds of other services are available 24 hours a day, across the world, yet are continually evolving?
Apollo is the answer!
The Apollo team (part of AWS Builder Tools organization) owns the software and systems that helps Amazon's massive developer team community build the cutting edge services and technology that Amazon is known for. Our systems deliver the technology that powers fully-automated continuous deployment workflows and dynamic scaling for some of the world's largest services. We execute millions of deployments to millions of hosts every day
Apollo make it possible for every developer at Amazon to rapidly change their running applications without ever having to take an outage. Every engineer uses it every day. In Apollo, everything we do goes into production and is instantly used by tens of thousands of other engineers.
What we do makes a difference, and we're not done yet! We are looking for software developers who are passionate about areas like DevOps, SRE and Infrastructure as Code to help us manage our growing list of applications we serve in the cloud. Come join Apollo and make a positive impact to your Amazon development teams and their services!
Key job responsibilities
- Work in an agile team to build and manage massively scaled services.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software to stand-up large distributed services globally.
- Design fault tolerant, highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
- Identify and remove scaling bottlenecks in large-scale distributed systems.
- Work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues including as part of on-call rotation.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering, DevOps, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) or Cloud Infrastructure experience (or 5+ years without a relevant degree)
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, Golang, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl including OOP.
- Experience in automation via scripting and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt.
- Solid knowledge with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools.
- Strong knowledge of software fundamentals like web traffic (HTTP, TCP, REST), IP Networking, VPNs, Load Balancers etc.
- Experience using AWS/Cloud services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM and CloudFormation.
- Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation.
- Skills in containerization technologies such as Docker, ECS, EKS and Kubernetes.
- Setup and use of monitoring frameworks such as CloudWatch, Influx DB/TICK, grafana, ELK, prometheus, splunk, Nagios, NewRelic and Dynatrace.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming