Amazon Payments is one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon. The team is looking for a passionate and talented Support Engineer to join our stable and growing team. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer.
If you are excited about the opportunity to learn and work on large scale distributed systems, enjoy solving complex problems, come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with us.
As a Support Engineer, you will be owning a large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software application. You will bring in a deep understanding of operational experience, and a desire to change the status quo. You will influence the team to define and revise the standards for operational excellence, availability and reliability. You will be responsible of operational excellence goals, drive automation efforts and own scaling for peak sale events.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience scripting in modern program languages
- 4+ years of development or technical support experience
- Experience in Unix
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
- Technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
- Experience scripting (any one of Shell, Perl, Python etc.)
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of support - tickets, monitoring, pipelines, and metrics
- A passion towards problem-solving
- Willing to work in on-call support environment (on rotation basis)
- Knowledge of programming languages Java, Scala, C++ or C
- Strong understanding of monitoring, pipelines, and metrics
- Willing to work in on-call support environment (on rotation basis).
- Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics