Are you interested in creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite mobile devices? Are you recognized by your peers as THE mobile expert on your team? Can you simultaneously work and have fun? Yes? Let's talk.
As the Sr. Software Development Manager in the Mobile Shopping Rendering and Differentiation Team you will build the next generation mobile foundations to power fast, fluid, and interactive experiences within the Amazon Shopping applications for iOS and Android.
Amazon Shopping mobile engineers have a diverse range of skills and talents and we can't wait to harness your passion to make us an even stronger team. We set and raise the bar on the mobile app shopping experience by engineering frameworks, technology, and code that is used by thousands of developers across Amazon. We help Amazon teams discover and explore new ways for customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. We think in terms of frameworks not features; stability, scaling, and performance over using technology to solve discrete problems. We want our customers to go from wanting a product to search, shop and buying it in 30 seconds or less. And the Mobile Shopping Core team is where that all begins.
You are a senior engineer manager looking to build and expand on your passion for mobile devices. You want to challenge yourself to solve complex problems at scale that have never been encountered anywhere else. You want to exercise and expand your creative thinking skills and code writing chops to become an even deeper expert in the mobile space. You are passionate about mobile and want to work with an equally passionate and driven team to invent new technologies to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to learn from others and help challenge yourself and others to grow. You want to talk directly to your customers and partners to shape the vision for code quality, design and architecture for the mobile app development stack.
We are changing the way customers shop on mobile applications and face challenging and interesting problems that no one else has seen. We'll leverage our camaraderie and strong culture to break down walls to find solutions that challenge our original assumptions, make the tough decisions, and deliver a final product that's superior to the proposals we started with.
Interested? Have the passion to build - and drive to ship - all of this with us? We're waiting to talk with you. Let's get started!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- 5+ years professional experience in building successful production software systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
- Most of all: enthusiasm, creativity, and inventiveness and the ability to concentrate and get work done while having a lot of fun! You will be asked to find new ways to solve challenging problems almost every day.
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Ability to concentrate and get work done while having a lot of fun
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers).
- Experience building complex mobile applications on Android or iOS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming