Line of Service
General Tax ConsultingManagement Level
ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career in our SR&ED Credit and Incentives practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to research and development tax credits and other government incentives. Clients look to us when it comes to tax strategies, expert advice, and guidance. Our national Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Incentives practice consists of a strong and dedicated team of professionals with science, technical, tax accounting, and financial backgrounds. This team has a strong presence in the marketplace and an enviable top-tier client list.What to consider before applying
This role has the option of being based out of any of our Canadian office locations, supporting the Vancouver office.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Manager, you'll work with a team of professionals to help our clients with the preparation of their tax incentive claims. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop new skills outside of your comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
• Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
• Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
• Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
• Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
• Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Additional responsibilities:
• Assume ownership for determining the qualifying expenditures for SR&ED
• Complete tax forms for the SR&ED claim and the working papers to support the claim
• Drive the completion of each project and ensure client expectations are met
• Provide practical and creative solutions to help clients maximize their return from SR&ED and Other government incentives
• Liaise with the CRA to determine filing statuses and other issues
• Attend meetings with the CRA and defend the SR&ED claim during CRA SR&ED reviews Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Experience in Corporate Tax preparation with some familiarity of SR&ED claim preparation
• Accounting designation is preferred, but not required
• Good knowledge of accounting/costing principles
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage client expectations and multiple concurrent client projects
• Ability to think strategically, work independently and contribute to the team Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.