Description What to expect as a Software Engineer in Test (QA) at Elastic Path?
You will be part of a team that is building out the next generation e-commerce platform. It will be hard, it will be messy at times and it will be a challenge. It will also be a fun, rewarding experience. Your efforts and successes will be celebrated with the team.Location
: This is a remote opportunity. We are looking for a candidate to be located anywhere within Canada, with a preference for those located in Eastern Standard Time (EST). Key Responsibilities:
Testing is a key part of the agile development process and our QA staff are involved from requirements through to deployment and go-live. As a Software Engineer in Quality Assurance you will be responsible for:
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Create and use automated tests & exploratory testing to provide fast feedback and get each story to ‘done'
- Work closely with developers, analysts and clients in a highly collaborative environment
- Team up with our Release Engineers, designing automated tests to form a strong regression test suite that runs with our continuous integration and nightly build & deployment process
- Collaborate with our customers and business analysts to convert user stories into acceptance tests outlining specific scenarios
- Build from the latest code, managing your own test environment and database
- Understand and apply Elastic Path security policies, processes, and controls as required, in day-to-day tasks.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the security capabilities of Elastic Path, its systems, technology, software products and SaaS offerings.
Who we are:
- 2+ years of experience in a software QA or testing role with test automation
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Hands-on experience as a QA engineer who is comfortable across a whole range of exploratory, functional, and automated testing including tools like Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit or other automation tools
- Experience participating in full life cycle development from requirements gathering to final deployment & go-live
- Able to build strong relationships with developers, analysts & business users
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle)
- Experience creating test frameworks & strategy, choosing automated testing tools and creating testing standards
- Knowledge of testing within an agile development environment
- Background in OO development with Java experience
- Experience of working in an onsite, consultancy environment a plus
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others. Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by. The Perks?
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page . Apply Now!
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Software and Programming