The Automated Profitability Management (APM) team, part of the Selling Partners Services (SPS) organization, improves the long term success of Amazon Retail by driving lower costs, and unlocking new product selection. Our team builds software and machine learning (ML) models to optimize contract negotiations between tens of thousands of vendors offering millions of products and Amazon. We directly influence the end-customer experience worldwide by determining the optimal combination of terms under which Amazon should acquire its inventory. We focus on product costs but also cover supply chain (Who pays the initial shipping costs?), marketing (Should a vendor fund advertising?), reverse-logistics (Who pays for damaged products? What about unsold inventory?) and more. Our mission is to provide to our customers the world's largest product assortment at competitive prices, through long term partnership with our vendors.
We are looking for Software Engineers to drive the development of new Data Science and ML infrastructure to support the scientists in the development of new ML models. You will work closely with scientists, product managers, and software developers to implement and scale your solutions, leveraging AWS tooling but adding additional layers to support internal needs.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work closely with a group of Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Product Managers, Scientists, and Business Intelligence Engineers to create the data infrastructure and machine learning environments necessary to drive our team's initiatives.
Our Software Engineer duties & responsibilities will include:
- Design and build the machine learning infrastructure needed to build and run the models developed by the science team
- Implement an efficient and effective MLOps process on the team
- Act as the subject matter expert for the machine learning environment
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience building large-scale machine-learning systems
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming