Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? Want to be part of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology?Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or one who likes to solve complex business problems through team, Tax Services is the place for you.
Amazon's eCommerce Services group is looking for a passionate, results-oriented inventive Software Development Manager. As the development manager, you'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers. Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results Orientation
- Thinks big
- 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering and software development teams
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing engineers.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Experience in managing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule.
- Experience developing careers with highly-skilled software engineers
- Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Project Management experience with agile development methodology
- Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming