Want to be part of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? A group that stresses on having work-life balance to explore and innovate your life too? Our emerging technologies teams, within India Consumable and e-Commerce Services organizations, is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Manager to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the financial ecosystem and consumable space (Grocery, Food and other confidential categories) using cutting edge technologies.
You will drive key engineering and business decisions with high customer impact. We leverage cutting edge technology in AWS, Web technologies high availability services. Our services cuts across retail website, ordering, post ordering and fulfillment providing you the full breadth of technology stack. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing, highly available, loosely coupled services. In this position you will partner with product managers, project managers, and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
• Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations.
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning.
• Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
• Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
• Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Project Management experience with agile development methodology
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
Software and Programming