Amazon Recruitment Tech is how Amazon finds the best people the right opportunities in the fastest way. Using your skills as a software development manager you will lead a team of talented software engineers in solving the challenges of recruitment at scale. Using modern tools and techniques to identify, assess and match candidates you will define metrics for success and continually deliver against them as you help build the knowledge and skills of those around you.
Key job responsibilities
- Participate in defining the technical and business vision for the team
- Lead technical planning and delivery
- Define and drive rituals, processes and procedures inside the software development team
- Assess and guide the professional development of team members
A day in the life
In partnership with the product and UX leaders, the Software Development Manager scopes the efforts for delivery. Defining and driving the rituals, processes and procedures they are responsible for leading technical delivery. Although not expected to write code on a daily basis, the Software Development Manager is capable of rolling up their sleeves when necessary. Applying their technical experience and understanding, a Software Development Manager is able to assess the skills and knowledge in their team and guide the professional development for members.
About the team
Located in Vancouver, Jobs Domain is a multinational team formed formed in early 2020. Responsible for tooling and measurements around start of process for opportunity definition and candidates identification, the team works closely with the many teams responsible in the opportunity and candidate journey.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- The ability to prioritize both business and technical requirements
- The ability to build relationships across technical and business partners
- The ability to identify technical overlaps in business requirements and translate those into plans
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming