Would you like to be part of a team leading the way developers build event driven architectures and serverless applications?
Amazon EventBridge aims to deliver a foundational platform for developers moving to serverless architectures. In addition to being an easy to use and highly scalable event platform, we aim to deliver an exceptional developer experience that optimizes and delights the developer through all aspects of the software lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is excited about technology and passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial and excited to work in a "green field" technology space. The right candidate will wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company. You will work on cutting edge technology not legacy.
The Role: As a Software Development Manager, you will hire and develop a team of talented engineers to build capabilities that bring together the large eco system of events to optimize developer agility and help customers quickly integrate systems. You will work with a variety of core languages, and technologies including Java, Go, Dynamo DB, Lambda, SQS, and many other AWS services. You will establish and execute a roadmap of highly available and scalable solutions to customer problems. And finally, you will operate highly distributed systems at global scale.
Come join a team where builders build innovative software and delight customers! You will learn, have fun, and have lasting impact in how developers build applications in the world of serverless architectures.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A passion for coaching and developing exceptional software developers
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience managing large-scale customer-facing software systems
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• 3+ years of experience leading people and/or technical programs
• 3+ years of experience as a software developerPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development life cycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
Software and Programming