Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? If yes, then we want to talk with you.
The organization: Every year Amazon enters into hundreds of thousands of agreements with our vendors worldwide, that enable vendors to offset costs associated with their products. These agreements contain complex terms that determine how much funding the vendors will provide Amazon and directly lead to tens of billions of dollars each year, ensuring profitability of Amazon Retail. The Vendor Funding organization is comprised of software teams that own the agreement system, the booking, calculation, and billing of those terms.
The role: We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Software Development Engineer to join our team in Amazon's Vancouver, Canada office and help invent the future. The problems in this space span every single Retail business within Amazon across every single marketplace that we operate in. You will be responsible for services that can be deployed globally, delivering an exceptional customer experience, provide thought leadership in a fast-paced development environment, and partner with product management and senior leaders to ensure the success of this program. We are looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming