While our problems may be complex, our solutions should be simple. Are you a Software Development professional yearning to find a place to take your career to the next level? Is problem solving and troubleshooting to design and create unique software solutions part of your DNA? Then it's time to take a look at the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team! Read on to learn more...
Our goal is simple - the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented code. Your work will directly impact cost, selection and the customer experience for both internal and external customers alike.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will help drive the global expansion of our applications and services, with a significant opportunity to define a Seller and Buyer facing Amazon platform. You will develop a scalable framework for the improvement of the Seller Experience as you work collaboratively across Amazon development teams to integrate their services with our applications and platform. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions.
"Third-party sellers contribute just above 30% of unit sales, and are a very significant part of Amazon's business." - Jeff Bezos
It's all about the Seller.
• Developing code and systems that have direct impact on 2 million third-party Sellers worldwide and then seeing the results within seconds of deployment in "real time"
• Working with an empowered team of people in an environment that exudes customer obsession with every keystroke, every interaction
• Working closely with your clients to solve Seller issues and hear the cash register "ring" together
• Inventing new innovative approaches towards communicating and interacting with Sellers
• Building a global, enabling toolset that can allow us to deploy in a new country in a matter of days
• Networking with virtually every Tech team within Seller Services as well as many outside of the team to solve collaborative problems
• Experimenting with leading edge programming paradigms, languages and technologies
We are looking for dynamic and innovative Software Development Engineers to join our expanding team to help develop applications that will improve the Amazon Seller Experience and scale for the explosive growth of Sellers on Amazon. This unique opportunity puts you in the driver's seat to create applications that will improve the efficiency of over 2 million third-party Sellers that help to directly impact the bottom line for both the Seller and Amazon. "We do hundreds of experiments every day in our fulfillment centers to get a little bit better - incremental invention. And then sometimes we do whole new broadcloth things like Amazon Web Services, like Kindle, like third-party sales on our own detail pages." - Jeff Bezos
A day in the life...
We are innovators. We embrace both functional and object oriented programming. We develop using best of breed technologies and the latest offerings from AWS. Come live on the leading edge with our team of intrepid engineers!
We are inventors. Because we have a wide open landscape to create, build, and develop each day is totally different. In a single day, it is considered the norm to collaborate with Retail, Customer Service, Amazon Web Services, Vendor Support, and Amazon's Seller Performance Teams. We have the opportunity to obtain functional knowledge across multiple applications, platforms and businesses while interfacing with other technology and business groups.
We are developers. Development in Seller Experience is managed through the SCRUM methodology of Agile Project Management. Execution is critical in SCRUM. Seller Experience works quickly to deliver executable functions to our business partners in regular iterations. Delivering a product that the business can utilize quickly develops trust and opens doors to many future successes.
At the end of the day, our team is expected to take ownership and deliver results. We hire the brightest and most talented engineers and expect them to raise the bar and challenge their colleagues to do what is best for our Sellers.
We are the future. With all of the creativity and opportunity within the Seller Experience Development Team, you will find a place where career longevity is possible. You have the ability to be creative while impacting millions of Sellers globally. Want to try a new feature? Do it. Think you have a better way to build a tool? Do it. The decision is up to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming