Do you want to shape the future of hybrid-edge cloud computing? Are you passionate about building next generation hybrid-edge solutions for a vast range of enterprise and secure ruggedized environments? Do you want to grow and be part of a team that is building hybrid-edge cloud services used in virtually all corners of the world, in the most demanding industries, and the most challenging use cases? If you said yes to any or all of those, come join the AWS Snow family of services and help us revolutionize the world of hybrid-edge cloud computing!
AWS Snow family is responsible for the Snowball and Snowmobile . These collectively provide edge computing capabilities and exabyte-scale transfer to AWS customers. As a member of our team you will contribute to all aspects of the software life-cycle including, testing, and operations. You will work with and drive real improvements for customers from around the world. Your work will include operations of edge computing and storage clusters, secure transfer, and scaling transfer operations. You are a passionate leader who is ready to take up new challenges and work for a better customer experience.
Processing and moving large amounts of at remote locations to the cloud quickly, securely, and cost-effectively is a very significant challenge and we are eagerly looking for innovative leaders to embark on the journey to build a the best hybrid-edge solutions that scale without limits and deliver bar-raising customer experience in all environments and under all conditions. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights. This is an opportunity to shape the future of hybrid-edge cloud computing. Our mission is to transform the way the world builds their hybrid and edge cloud computing solutions.
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Diverse and Inclusive work culture -
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work Life Balance -
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented designPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience in communicating with customers and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience working with others to improve skills, making everyone more effective software engineers
• Knowledge of storage systems
• Knowledge of clustering systems
• Knowledge of AWS services such as S3, Glacier, DynamoDB, and KMS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your recruiter.
Software and Programming