Do you want to create the experiences that empower customers to build serverless applications easily and quickly?
We are the Serverless Application Experience team. We own the developer experience that helps customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications that span across multiple AWS services. We ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
Customers are excited by the vision of serverless: the ability to quickly deliver applications by writing new business logic without needing to become experts in computing and cloud operations. Compared to traditional architectures, customers increasingly build applications using a collection of services, delivering new applications by writing small amounts of business logic connected to other services. This new approach can be a challenge. Serverless applications are made up of many more parts than traditional applications, and those components and services need to be modeled and managed with tools, CI/CD pipelines, and workflows. We believe this challenge of helping customers "cross the chasm" into serverless is another opportunity to delight our customers and make them even more successful. We own the end-to-end experience, working across multiple services, for customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications. We work closely with the service experience teams to deliver simple, powerful, and reliable tools to help customers get to production as quickly as possible. In other words, while each service (Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, SQS, etc.) will maintain their developer experience, this team will ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
We seek engineers to build the next generation of tooling for our Serverless Application Experience. This includes a web experience, CLIs, SDKs, and frameworks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically four to six weeks of on call a year. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Owning the complete development cycle (requirement gathering, design, implementation, roll-out and support) of developer toolings for Serverless Application development.
• Participate product discussions with product managers to shape the product roadmap.
• Creating internal tools to help triage operational issues easily.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry or equivalent experience.
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming