Amazon is revolutionizing how customers shop online and we are revolutionizing how Amazon developers develop those online shopping experiences. Come be part of that revolution. Help us build the foundations that will scale to the growing needs of Amazon developers, while making them more efficient, less prone to errors and at the same time providing the flexibility and agility that they expect.
Your will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions in small chunks, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better.
Your immediate customers are other developers, and your ideas and code will touch hundreds of millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results.
Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Own design and implementation of systems supporting a wide range of use cases, at high scale with high quality.
• Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
• Optimize, tune and maintain quality, performance and availability of systems.
• Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.
A day in the life
Participate in daily team meeting, attend design reviews, submit code for peer reviews, review code of others, create design documents, investigate issues filed during testing of new features or discovered in existing ones, mentor other engineers, recommend projects or initiatives for the team to work on, provide promotion assessments for other engineers.
About the team
The team is composed of engineers based in Vancouver, supporting and evolving a fundamental Amazon system responsible for rendering and orchestration of content across multiple pages of Amazon's retail website.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Curiosity and experience for designing, building, and operating large scale, high-availability, low-latency services.
• Cloud technology experience.
• Ability to build trust and contribute to team's successes.
• Ability to deliver results while having fun.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming