Take Earth's most customer-centric company. Mix in hundreds of millions of shoppers spending tens of billions of dollars annually, an exciting opportunity to build next-generation shopping experiences, Amazon's tremendous computational resources, and our extensive e-Commerce experience. What do you get? The most exciting position in the industry.
Key job responsibilities
We are seeking a talented SDE to join our Buy Again team. Software Development Engineers on our team are responsible for working with product managers and UX designers to identify customer problems, and propose solutions, that help hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers reorder their everyday essentials. SDEs build new features and components that our customers use in their daily lives. SDEs run online A/B tests, or experiments, to measure the impact and analyze the results to help our team decide whether or not to launch them.
A day in the life
We use modern programming languages like TypeScript for our front-end, and Java for our services. We leverage the latest and greatest Amazon-internal technology to build our experiences, such as AmazonAPI, AmazonUI, Kata, and Cards Platform.
We have a daily standup in the morning, to report on what we accomplished yesterday, what we intend to accomplish today, and discuss blockers. We have bi-weekly backlog grooming and sprint retrospective, demo, and planning. We have org-wide weekly learning series, experiment design and results review, and more.
About the team
Our team is part of Amazon's Personalization organization, a high-performing group that leverages Amazon's expertise in machine learning, big data, and distributed systems to deliver the best shopping experiences for our customers. For years, Personalization has delighted customers and also revolutionized e-commerce with features such as "Customers who bought this product also bought", "Frequently bought together", "Best sellers", "Recommended for you", and "Buy it again". We are an engineer-lead, data-driven organization. Amazon's internal surveys regularly recognize us as one of the best engineering organizations to work for in the company, with visible high-impact work, low operational load, respectful work-life balance, and continual opportunity to learn and grow.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn quickly, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
- Experience with the Scrum methodology (or similar alternatives) for agile software development.
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming