Do you want to innovate on a new platform with Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Come join our teams in AWS, you'll help us design and develop solutions that enables AWS to expand our operations into new data centers worldwide. Our green-field solutions will support programs in compliance and sustainability, and build a platform that will extend to first-class AWS services. You will collaborate with engineers designing solutions at massive scale.
To succeed in this role, you have 3+ years of experience and you believe in high standards for code quality, code reviews, testing, and operational excellence. You support your peers to deliver results in a space that operates much like a start-up, with the autonomy to build the right solution from Day One. As a SDE with our team, you will collaborate with other engineers on technical direction, strategy with a career opportunity for growth that AWS can offer.
This role is located in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Boston, New York City or Arlington. We have flexible work options, enabling you to work at home and in the office when the team collaborates. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance, family-first approach. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member grow.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS degree and 3+ years of professional software development experience building and operating production systems with at least one modern language such as , Go, TypeScript, Python
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, system and scaling of new and existing solutions in a virtualized environment
- Experience developing reliable and software solutions in a virtualized environment
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases, and problem solving
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of the project
- BS MS in a STEM related field
- Experience with serverless computing, enterprise-wide systems, and products
- Understanding of Agile software engineering practices
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming