Offer and Catalog Services is core to Amazon.com websites serving millions of requests per second at single digit millisecond latency. We provide authoritative product and purchase data such as availability and price to client facing experiences. Our team owns software running in a distributed, highly performant, and highly available micro-service computing system containing billions of records.
Our customers are primarily the hundreds of internal Amazon Development Teams comprised of the engineering teams that contribute to the overall design, development and operational success of Amazon.com
. We provide design and consultation across all of Amazon which enables these business use-cases at scale that only Amazon.com
is known for.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers with at least 3 years of experience in distributed systems to join our team! You will be driving initiatives, which involves influencing several Senior, Principal Engineers, and Technical program managers across different organizations within Amazon. We maintain a high bar for operational standards and engineering excellence, so that on-call rotation allowing us to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Our engineers are customer-centric, detail-oriented and have constructed a sophisticated support network for career growth opportunities and operations.
The ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of distributed systems as well as web service design and implementation experience. They will posses a thorough understanding of internet protocols and experience implementing high scale services in Java, C#, C++, or similar programming languages. Additionally, the candidate should be someone who enjoys taking ownership of software services and whose core values are to always make the customer a priority. The successful candidate will be an individual that is not only passionate about writing good code but one that is also capable of creating software which meets its goals and becomes an operational reality.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming