Are you a passionate, talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume solutions that customers love? Come build the future as a software development engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working alongside best-in-class inventors and innovators. You'll create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
At Amazon, we are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences as you'll be creating for our customers. That is why Amazon offers flexibility and remote work options to allow for optimal work/life harmony.
As an Amazon software engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. There are unlimited opportunities at Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported.
Ready to get started? Apply once through Best Fit Job Match, and get matched from thousands of open software development roles based on your preferred team, tech stack, domain, language and more. The best part? Best Fit Job Match gives you a choice of open roles based on your preferences. You'll speak to the hiring managers, and then you choose your team! Save hours on your job search and reduce the stress.
We're hiring across the U.S. and Canada. If the United States is your preference, some of the teams hiring software engineers in the United States, include but aren't limited to Devices, Prime Video, Consumer, Operations, HR, Legal and Finance Tech.
These are just some of the teams now hiring in the United States. Depending on your preferences and expertise, you will own the front-end, back-end, or full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and differentiated customer experiences. We're looking for software engineers passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills. You should have a demonstrated ability delivering within a DevOps delivery model from requirements analysis, design, development, test, CI/CD, security implementation, and operational excellence with the ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other tech teams.
Apply today through Best Fit Job Match and get matched to your ideal role!
Relocation and competitive pay and benefits is offered for this position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices and best practices for the lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your here, you can save by being considering for multiple openings, at the same level, across various Amazon teams through our "Best Fit" process.
Here's how our "Best Fit" Hiring Process works:
- Submit your by clicking below - this is for all open jobs in Vancouver.
- Complete and pass your online assessment, and share personal preferences such as , work style, and more.
- Interview with a group of Amazonians in consideration for several open jobs that match your preferences.
- Pass the interviews successfully and get matched to jobs based on your preferences.
- Choose your team!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE POSITIONS ARE BASED IN VANCOUVER. If you're excited to work in Vancouver, please apply now! If you are interested in other locations, we are also hiring engineers in 30+ other cities currently in North America - visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/--jobs to see all locations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming