Want to solve real, complex, cross-functional problems and build a customer experience that improves and simplifies customers' lives? Want to develop a deep understanding of customers and then build creative solutions that will benefit them? Want to work on something that you can be passionate about and that gives back to the community? Want to work on an important and highly visible program that will require frequent communication with leadership?
Amazon is excited to have been selected to participate in the USDA Food and Nutrition Service's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) online purchasing program, and we are looking for talented engineers to build this and other related programs. You will have the opportunity to impact the design, architecture, and implementation of our programs and work with and learn from teams across the company. You will strive for simplicity and flexibility in what you create. You will be the voice of the customer throughout your work. Customer experience, usability, and operational excellence will be your top priorities as you deliver quality solutions.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work in a high quality, creative, visionary software development team to build and innovate the technology platform that powers the program. You are great at designing, building, and innovating solutions that are simple and easy to maintain and scale. Previous experience in collaborating with remote teams is a big plus. The program employs a wide range of technologies. From website and mobile apps based front-end to AWS based back-end, we provide great opportunities for talented software engineers to apply cutting edge technologies while solving challenging real world issues.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Sound fundamentals in system and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with designing, launching and maintaining distributed systems at scale
• A passion for the customer experience!PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Are passionate about helping people and social causes
• Have experience with building highly-available distributed systems on cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS)
• Have experience working with remote teams
• Are data-driven decision maker
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming