Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, developers are able to reliably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface and web that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
S3 Harmony team is responsible for keeping S3 always scaled and efficiently utilized to meet the ever-growing needs of S3 customers. We own, maintain and innovate on two dimensions: Analytics and Control Plane. The Control Plane responsibility is in charge of enabling capacity as soon as it becomes available, reacting to health signals from various upstream sources to re-configure our capacity utilization according to its health. The responsibility of Capacity Analytics is to monitor the state of S3 capacity and the customer traffic flowing through it to produce insights around overhead and utilization. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us in consolidating the Analytics and Control Plane responsibilities across all S3 fleets.
As an engineer in the S3 Harmony team, you will design and build frameworks which delivers value to our customers. You will partner with technical leaders in S3 and AWS to deliver these new services at S3 scale. You will brainstorm new experiences that break ground in enabling new enterprise workloads on S3. You will own innovations in securing workloads that come into S3's front door. You will mentor a group of engineers from the ground up to build solutions that impact a wide swath of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define this exciting new technology.
• Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain highly available, durable and secure service
• Long-term architecture planning and feature planning
• Solving technical challenges with a lot of ambiguity
• Participating in an agile environment with a high degree of ownership
• Interacting with key team stakeholders across Amazon Web Services
• Mentoring and providing ongoing feedback to junior engineers
• Constantly reviewing and improving our software tools and practices to ensure we are leading the way
• Developing and contributing to our awesome team cultureBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience driving and of web-based user interfaces using technologies such as or React
• Experience building components of service-oriented architecturesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, patterns and algorithms
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to lead teams through ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving innovative technical solutions
• Experience innovating with technologies and frameworks
• Expert understanding of principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming