Come join the AWS Distributed Job Scheduler (DJS) team on an exciting voyage as we enable internal Amazon developers to be productive.
Today, DJS allows Amazon teams to automate critical jobs on a schedule. We have been doing this for a while now but we want to take a major leap from where we are. You might even say a "time jump."
Looking to the future, we want to reinvent the way Amazon teams create and run any kind of task (any type of executable that runs for a finite period of time). Our long-term vision is to make developers productive by letting them focus solely on implementing the scheduled tasks because we will take care of everything else (where it runs, how it runs, its dependencies, monitoring, e.t.c.). We want to ensure our users (developers like you) focus solely on coding.
We will need to build new services and systems to reach this exciting future. We will need your help to shape what these new systems should be.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We do not like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 3+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with thorough experience in one or more relevant language (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Python)
- 2+ years of experience building distributed systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with a high-volume, highly-available, distributed services
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
- Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Software and Programming