Do you want to impact millions of customers? Do you feel passionate about working with highly scalable and available systems? Do you get excited at the idea of designing and delivering next generation cloud infrastructure? Your quest is finally over!
AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud. The CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space spinning up infrastructure across AWS at an unprecedented scale. We are looking for developers who love pushing the boundaries to innovate, excel in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment, enjoy learning and creating solutions in a huge internal and external problem space.
You'll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
- Design/iterate developer tools and services that are used by thousands of AWS users.
- Work with and learn many different technologies. While Java and Kotlin are most commonly used, we are also actively looking for opportunities to build microservices using Rust,Go and other languages.
- Own the stack and entire lifecycle of our products, from the roadmap to design, implementation, testing and continuous iterative deployment of microservices.
- Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products and features.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position involves on-call responsibilities typically 2 weeks (one week as Primary and another week as Secondary) every 2 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we get paged, we work together to resolve root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Some travel may be required.
Video on CloudFormation: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience contributing to architecture, reliability and scalability of new and current systems.
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java, Kotlin, Rust, Go etc.
- Experience in leading the development of complex software successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience building microservices and working with computing challenges.
- Experience with building containerized applications.
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming