Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable financial systems that drive Amazon's current and future growth? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? Do you understand the software development life cycle and are particularly skilled in back end, object oriented development?
This is the job for you.
The Amazon FinTech Team is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer, who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants to work with big data, and enjoys solving complex problems. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions of dollars.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for technical design and delivery of software components.
- Works closely with our customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements, analyzes various technical options and proposes solutions with proof of concept.
- Translates the proposals into technical design, coordinates development effort with other SDEs, tests and delivers features in production.
- Performs code reviewers for peer engineers and provides constructive feedback.
- Ensures that the solutions proposed are logical, testable, maintainable, and efficient.
- Drives engineering best practices for continuous process improvements in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
A day in the life
A Software Development Engineer at Amazon works on real world problems on a global scale, owns their systems end to end and influences the direction of our technology impacting hundreds of millions of customers around the world. You design flexible, scalable, and complex solutions in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. You would work on a small development team in one of our many rapidly growing organizations.
Watch this video to see what some of our Software Development Engineers in FinTech are doing today: https://youtu.be/PJhZc91xCgg
About the team
Amazon Fintech uses full stack applications to capture data, integrating with multiple financial systems and data warehouses, and using machine learning to get insights from that data. The automation we provide allows AWS Finance to scale through technology rather than people. For example, questions such as: How does AWS decide pricing for AWS services? What is AWS's revenue and how reliable is that data per business unit? How does AWS Services know if they are profitable? Our team created the applications that answers those questions and so much more.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 4+ years of software development engineering, back end
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design, system integration and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in client side scripting languages such as java Script, or frameworks Angular, and React JS
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong background or experience in Machine Learning, Big Data, and Data Mining
- Experience of actionable insights discovery, visualization, and presentation
- Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience with AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming