Alexa AI, the speech processing and personal assistant technology behind Amazon Echo, is seeking an SDE I for our Data Experience organization. At Alexa's Secure AI Foundation (SAIF) Data, we build the data services that enable the fast, secure, and massive scale ML that delivers delightful Alexa interactions to users.
The Data Experience team enables Alexa machine learning scientists, software engineers and BI analysts to securely, easily, quickly and cost-efficiently access, transforms, and build models with data in the vast Alexa data lake. As a member of the Data Experience team, you play a critical role in delivering the life blood of AI - data - to the Alexa AI community to help tackle the most cutting edge conversational AI problems at the largest scale few places in the world can match.
The Data eXperience (DX) team, is responsible for our SAIF Data Development Kit, increasing the rate of experimentation by delivering services that enable our customers to optimize their data storage, preparation, and deep dive analysis at low latency access from training infrastructure with intelligent APIs and clients for running big data Spark and SQL jobs working with data from modeling environments. This enables communities of Modelers spanning product areas to collaborate efficiently through sharing and building upon each other's artifacts, to expand collective intelligence. The team owns our Data Preparation SDK, enabling Modelers to train on petabyte scale data sets in days instead of weeks, at a quarter of the prior cost, making frequent training and experimentation of enormous data sets feasible and cost effective, while also opening the door to experimentation with data sets orders of magnitude larger than previously possible.
In the SAIF Data organization, you will work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment across all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including architecture design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will build ML services using AWS at huge scale found nowhere else. Your efforts will support the successful and well-loved Alexa powered products. Our combination of challenging technical problems, critical services, and a quickly growing organization will provide you with unique opportunities for career growth.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application (or graduated less than six months prior to application)
- Familiarity with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Previous technical internship(s).
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming