Amazon Aurora is a cloud-native relational database which combines the scalability and performance of the best NoSQL databases paired with full compatibility to the most popular relational open source databases - MySQL and PostgreSQL. Amazon Aurora can store petabytes of customer data and can handle peaks of millions of queries per second.
We build the Amazon Aurora control plane that:
- Reliably manages a large fleet of databases for our customers freeing them from traditional database operations
- Guarantees best-in-class availability and failover capabilities to sustain the world's most demanding workloads
- Orchestrates and automates the complete lifecycle of a database cluster from creation to operation to scale-out and fail-over
- Has the unique opportunity to integrate closely with our engine and storage layers to build an end-to-end solution that is easy-to-use and at the same time full-fills the demanding requirements of an enterprise-grade solution
You read until here, great, our team would like you to help us build the future of this service together. As a new engineer in our team, you will learn how to tackle interesting engineering problems in distributed systems at a large scale. You will have the opportunity to contribute to design and delivery of service features end to end: requirements gathering, design, design reviews, implementations, code reviews, incremental feature launches, operations, writing about it and driving continuous improvement. You will exercise your curiosity, collaborate with diverse teams of smart individuals and get a ton of learning opportunities from peers and other engineers. Finally, we hope you will enjoy seeing how the things you build will delight our customers and help them become successful, as much as we do.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing AWS service, have an impact on the product direction and the shape of the cutting-edge database technology. We count on your technical expertise and eagerness to learn. We will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from a team of extremely talented engineers. Our technologies include:
- Core Java 8
- RESTful microservices powered by internal RPC framework
- A lot of AWS stack - EC2, EBS, VPC, Route53, DynamoDB, cdk and Infrastructure as code etc. We eat our own dogfood all the time! Where can you learn AWS technologies better than at AWS itself?
- Ruby/Python for infrastructure components and services
Mentorship & Career Growth
We recognize new team members need time to ramp-up and feel fully comfortable within the team. You will have a launch buddy, an engineer who will help you navigate through this processes offering you help and mentorship.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or four years of equivalent professional experience
- Ability to write clean, well-structured and maintanable code
- Good understanding of software engineering practices
- Experience with distributed systems and/or storage technologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming