Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India?
India Consumer Business (ICB) Technology team builds products and services that solve unique customer needs in Amazon's fastest growing marketplace. We are a multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. Our engineers own the complete consumer experience for Amazon India and emerging markets, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and Machine Learning), build and operate highly scalable, low latency first products and services.
As a Software Development Engineer working in ICT, you will lead designing and building platforms that is configuration driven, self-service capable and to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, and handling real time business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto financial systems within Amazon.
As an engineer here, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several critical Amazon teams to create architecturally resilient top tier services. You will be responsible to develop high volume and highly available services in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Are you excited by the challenge of launching new business initiatives for Amazon in India which is one of the fastest growing Marketplace ?
If you are looking for an opportunity to build creative technology solutions that positively impact hundreds of millions of international customers, and relish large ownership and diverse technologies, join our team today! You will work with Senior/Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
• Work closely with senior engineers to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the Amazon.in business with an emphasis on e-Commerce website development and platform services.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software developmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Server development or mobile application development experience (preferably using Java or C++).
• Understanding/Hands on experience with ML projects.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming