AWS WorkDocs is a public AWS service with an established customer base within Amazon. WorkDocs offers customers a desktop, web and mobile experience. At AWS WorkDocs our is mission is make digital collaboration the primary collaboration mechanism in the workplace. Our mission has become more relevant as employers worldwide are embracing a hybrid (part co-located, part distributed) workplace and promoting disability inclusion through more accessible tools.
To accomplish our mission this we are focusing on 5 areas in 2022: 1) secure storage and transit of assets across all devices, 2) predictive discovery of digital assets (find the right document, at the right time), 3) seamless collaboration (enhanced accessibility, easy sharing, and facilitating feedback via text, voice), 4) augmenting the WorkDocs API offering to enable AWS partners to develop custom solutions for security and accessibility, and 5) document authoring and real-time collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Product Manager (Technical) to lead and manage a team of product managers to define WorkDocs' product strategy. A track record of hiring and developing product and/or engineering leaders is a must.
This successful candidate with their team will own influencing P&L, defining product vision, strategy and supporting product operations for a complete AWS . You will need to engage externally with AWS customers and work with financial analysts, product managers, software engineers and designers to craft features that will delight our customers in the hybrid workplace.
Deep product intuition and customer focus in addition to strong communication skills (to influence and align product and engineering leaders at multiple levels of the organization) are key for this role.
The WorkDocs technology stack includes web, mobile and desktop experience together with a API layer that is leveraged by various customers and AWS partners.
Come build (and have fun) with us!
Key job responsibilities
As a Principal Product Manager on the team you will need to:
* Understand our internal and external customers deeply through visits, customer briefings, customer advisory board sessions
* Understand product P&L, including drivers and connect this to customer metrics and anectdotes
* Develop a product strategy and vision, and translate that strategy into incremental primitives and features
* Pitch new business ideas in the document collaboration and automation space to AWS senior executives.
* Make high judgement business decisions and take calculated risks to grow the adoption and usage of WorkDocs
* Collaborate with sales, marketing teams to help customers make progress on digital collaboration transformation.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to successfully lead product/feature releases from concept to release
• 8+ years of product management experience
• 5+ years of people/team management
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively advocate for your product and influence stakeholdersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of product management experience, or its equivalent
• Experience using AWS services to build and or operate an application or service
• Experience building and/or operating a web application or web service.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming