Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible to innovate and drive new Quality initiatives, establish new test frameworks and processes for testing new device and OS, find ways to leverage and scale to deliver without compromising quality and efficiency, establish quality metrics and best practices for the team. You will lead the team by example as a quality leader who is customer obsessed, thinks big and delivers result without compromising the quality. To do this, you will have the most advanced tools at your disposal; however, we expect you to bring new ideas and innovation to build/leverage as needed. You will be responsible for looking to the future and identifying what the team will need to test experiences that were not thought possible today. You will collaborate with team, own and drive the quality of new products and SW releases.
Key job responsibilities
Responsible for writing automation tests
Responsible for driving code coverage of framework components
Responsible for doing triage of issues in areas of ownership
A day in the life
Our Senior Software Quality Engineers are world class quality leaders. On a daily base you will be working closely with cross functional engineering and quality teams as you drive quality for a big pillar in the entire organization. Teams will be looking at you for directions. You will participate in test strategy creation and reviews, driving QA process improvement implementation and help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges. You will have fun along the way and make a huge impact not only on the quality direction of the program but also directly to our customers. Join us!
About the team
Want to work on software that ships in multiple different Amazon devices and enable 3rd-party devices to access Amazon services? Are you looking for a startup culture, high impact problems to solve and opportunities to grow? Come work on the Device OS team! We own software components, services, tools, and application development frameworks that power our next generation of devices, and enable key features for device makers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated hands on experience leading QA delivering high quality, innovative products based on rapidly evolving technologies
- Hands on knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience programmatically testing products, define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively Cross-Functional Engineering teams, Product Managers, Developers, TPMs
- Experience reviewing technical artifacts to understand the technical architecture and derive test strategy that spans across multiple products and functional areas.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance