Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch operates the largest dedicated live video CDN in the world, delivering over 25Tbps to more than 5MM concurrent viewers. The Video Distribution team oversees the software that operates that CDN, which includes everything from custom edge software that provides video on thousands of hosts worldwide, to the graphing algorithms that manage our worldwide caching hierarchy, and to the complex and introspective algorithms that decide what server a user should be assigned when they start playback.
We are looking for engineers who are excited by the thought of working across the entire CDN stack, from service load-balancing, to performance optimization, and to backbone traffic management. You will help architect, develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain our video software. You will also include taking ownership of key parts of the Twitch ads delivery system, providing the opportunity to directly improve one of the most important pieces of the Twitch stack. You will report to the Software Development Manager.
• Design, and deploy new CDN features like dynamic content-replacement, ultra low-latency, and dynamic QoS load-balancing
• Create, test, and document services and their operational processes
• Help establish the future of the Twitch video stack
• Collaborate across the company to develop critical video systemsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and scaling distributed, available systems
• A desire to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
• Excellent command of at least one programming language
• A Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of related software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You know Go and have used it in production-ready systems.
• Working knowledge of WebRTC and real time video/audio systems.
• You have some experience with network engineering and BGP
• Notable contributions to open source software projects. Send us a link to your contributions.
• You've built APIs/interfaces that other programmers love to use.
• You've written a Linux kernel module, distributed storage system, or software load balancer.
• Experience with network programming
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Software and Programming