Are you interested to disrupt and redefine the way customers buy Beauty products online? Are you interested in using the latest advances in machine learning, computer vision, and augmented reality to build online customer experiences for Beauty products that can equal or even surpass an in-store experience?
About the role
We are looking for talented and innovation-driven tech-leads who are passionate about building massively scalable AI-based applications. You will have an opportunity to revolutionize the customer shopping experience across the world's most extensive catalog of beauty products. You will be directly responsible for leading the design, development, and launch of innovative software in this domain. You will collaborate with product managers, UX designers, applied scientists, and the broader Amazon tech community to build software solutions that enhance the beauty shopping experience across all surfaces, including desktop, mobile devices, and other Amazon devices.
About the team
The Amazon Beauty Tech is a brand-new team that is rapidly expanding. We are a small group of engineers, product managers, and designers who drive technological innovation to improve customer experiences. We have a startup-like work culture where innovation is encouraged; we are never afraid to propose grand ideas for fear of failing!
To achieve our grand vision, we think big and tackle technological problems every day. We need builders who are passionate and willing to learn and lead innovation. Our architecture and development processes support rapid experimentation, global deployments, and self-service capabilities that allow us to scale better.
• Amazon scale systems: All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving millions of customers with millisecond-level latency.
• Elevated customer experiences: We will create beautiful and dynamic customer experiences that require deep knowledge of relevant UI technologies and user-centric design patterns.
• Facial recognition and augmented reality (AR) experiences: We bring exciting experiences directly to the customer's mobile phone using their cameras and combinations of facial recognition and AR.
• Personalization using machine learning: We will be working with machine learning (ML) technologies such as data classification and reinforced learning models to provide better-personalized shopping experiences.
• Multi-device support: We build for all traditional surfaces - desktop browsers, mobile browsers, and mobile applications - and have long-term ideas to expand into other devices.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related topics.
• 6+ years industry experience developing complex technology projects.
• Demonstrated ability to own and design complex technical architectures, making trade-offs to balance speed of delivery while maintaining the quality bar.
• Experience influencing and driving software engineering best practices within your team.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Python
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD),
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create/explain/defend technical designs
• Experience developing web and mobile products and technologies.
• Passion for technical innovation and learning new systems/technologies.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related topics.
• Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, AWS Lambda, and Amazon SageMaker.
• Knowledge of, and experiencing with, machine learning algorithms and computer vision.
• Familiarity with at least 1-2 popular AI/ML frameworks and tools - TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNext, scikit-learn, OpenCV, and ARToolKit.
• Experience developing augmented reality (AR) solutions, particularly real-time overlays using mobile phone cameras.
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and collaborating across multiple teams.
• 8+ years industry experience developing complex technology projects.
Software and Programming