We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineering Manager to join the Amazon MQ leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity to build and lead a team of managers and engineers to further grow our fully managed message broker service. #AmazonMQSDM
Our team builds and operates Amazon MQ, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant cloud applications. If you are passionate about the challenges of large scale, building cutting-edge technologies, and making applications reliable then the Amazon MQ is the team for you. Amazon MQ is one of the fastest growing AWS services. Customers are rapidly adopting it because they can use open-source technologies like RabbitMQ and Apache ActiveMQ, but without the operational overhead.. Our team is part of the AWS Serverless organization, and builds on the latest AWS serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Step Functions, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CloudFormation, among others.
You will lead the end-to-end software development and operations of an AWS service. You will build, set the culture, and lead a group of highly talented engineers and builders. You excel at leading developers and managers through collaborative development planning, coaching, and strategic project assignment, and have a track record of building and growing strong engineering teams. You identify future leaders, provide challenging opportunities, and grow their careers. You create a positive culture and participate in efforts to drive improvements within the broader organization. You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customers, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe features/capabilities, product strategy, and influence technical decision-making.
If you are interested in leading and building large-scale web services, have a high quality bar, a flair for innovation, and a passion for solving some of the most challenging problems in the industry, we need you to step into this highly-visible leadership role! You'll have an opportunity to work alongside and learn from the architects of Amazon's infrastructure, and to build a platform that drives success for AWS customers.
About the team
We are based in Vancouver, BC and you will have the option to work from home (within reasonable commute distance) or in the office.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 8+ years professional experience in software development, with 5+ of those years in software development management / people leadership.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline; significant years of experience will be considered equivalent
* Knowledge of Unix and service-oriented architectures
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Go, C#)
* Experience defining software roadmaps to meet organizational business goals
* Have a proven track record of shipping quality software on time using agile software engineering methodologies
* Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience managing other managers
* Track record of increasing and improving diversity and inclusion within your teams
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline; significant years of experience is equivalent
* Experience delivering and operating software-as-a-service (SaaS) or infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS)
* Knowledge of distributed computing architectures
* Experience with messaging technologies (e.g., publish/subscribe, JMS, AMQP, MQTT)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming