Amazon.com is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Sr. Software Development Engineer to join the Digital Content Platform team. The Digital Content Platform team owns services supporting the publishing and purchase of Digital content, including Kindle EBooks, Amazon AppStore, Amazon Music, Audible and Amazon Video.
This candidate will be joining a team working on scalable web services using cloud technologies. The work will be highly visible to Amazon customers and internal stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, this person will contribute to the design and development of high-scale web services and workflows, while also providing technical leadership and mentoring to the team and tech stakeholders. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences and back-end web services, strong technical skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity, and great analytical reasoning skills. The candidate will also have proven experience in designing cross-team's systems architecture and mentoring peer software developers to enhance productivity.
About the team
The Digital Content Services (DCCS) team owns services that allow publishing and purchase of Digital content, including Kindle e-Books, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon Music , Amazon Instant Video and more. You will be joining the DREAM team within Starfire group, focused on the next generation of Digital Bundles and Deals to help Amazon customers discover and engage with Amazon's digital products and subscriptions. Our services will be used by all Digital teams - Amazon Music, Prime, Kindle, Audible, Amazon Video, Appstore and more. Your work will be highly visible to Amazon customers and stakeholders across Digital teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented designPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and OS security fundamentals.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets.
- Experience mentoring SDEs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming