The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) team manages the performance of our linehaul network and is focused on creating the premier transportation services for our customers. Our team contains subject matter experts on end-end transportation processes who identify and drive improvement opportunities across the Amazon network, and work with all teams in the organization to develop quality metrics and execute cross-functional projects. This role will focus on working multiple stakeholders to drive performance and improvements. Working with our downstream partners this role will help create new process, develop reporting, and develop continuous improvement projects that reduce defects while increasing speed in our network.
Key job responsibilities
- Influence design and development of strategic processes
- Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
- Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones and performance across all projects
- Establish and continually improve the consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the organization's project delivery capability by providing leadership in best practices
- Work cross-functionally across teams to effect network-level performance improvement with our internal and external partners by designing and implementing systems, metrics and programs that maximize compliance and performance. This includes completion of root cause analysis on all defects and using this data to drive continuous improvement activities.
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers.
- Travel domestically up to 25%
A day in the life
Deep Diving the problems that we face in our Canadian linehaul network, while finding large scale solutions and creating automation with our tech teams to fill gaps in our network.
About the team
The team is new in 2022 and created to ensure parity across our networks in North America. The Canadian based team is able to create workflows and processes that impact our customers daily across all of North America.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in math, engineering, science, operations, logistics, supply chain or related field
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility in transportation operations or related field
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Master's degree (Math, Engineering, Science, Business)
- Experience in logistics and continuous improvement methodologies with operations management experience
- Experience working on high-level strategy and design
- Experience with problem-solving, mathematical and analytical skills, and using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- Experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive