**This position can sit at any office/site in Canada**
Canada Supply Chain Amazon Customer Excellence Services (ACES) team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to drive country-wide projects and new processes at scale to support Amazon's explosive growth within Canada. In this role, you will partner with retail, Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA), transportation, and software/automation teams to drive innovation across Canada's supply chain.
The candidate will apply a data-driven approach to solve complex problems across the Canadian supply chain. This role provides opportunities to influence one of the highest visibility/high impact areas in the organization. It also presents a significant intellectual and technical opportunity to deliver rapid results and high customer obsession.
Key job responsibilities
- Define and shape the roadmap for Canadian supply chain initiatives by identifying and justifying (via quantitative and written analysis) improvements and opportunities for innovation.
- Lead cross-functional teams and program managers to drive business decisions and implementation within a key strategic area. Examples include: Canada Reverse Logistics execution, inventory placement, Fulfillment Center/middle mile/last mile capacity and topology, Outbound dock optimization.
- Track work streams across multiple cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that initiatives are meeting financial and operational goals.
- 10% travel.
A day in the life
- Own a function and identify opportunities for improvements for short term and drive the same.
- Dive deep on the existing performance of the function and do benchmarking to identify the best practices across geographies and plan to implement the same for Canada.
- Define the long term (3Yr) strategic roadmap for the function which will then be broken down in to annual roadmap post prioritization.
- Partner with external stakeholders to identify the forward looking changes for the function and plan for the same.
About the team
Canada Customer Fulfillment (CACF) ACES was founded to accelerate the expansion and improvement of the country's end-to-end supply chain by closing the capability gap between CA and the US and fueling CA's high topline growth. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or related fields or equivalent experience.
• 3-5+ years of experience in Supply Chain design and strategy and/or Operations. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts including planning, forecasting and optimization gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to write SQL queries to pull data.
- Highly adaptable to a fast paced, multi-tasking environment who is empowered to make quick decisions.
- Solid verbal/written communication to summarize strategies along with detailed implementation to influence cross-functional business and technical teams.
- Impatient enough to accelerate process change (especially in the face of ambiguity), but detail-oriented enough to make the smart, well-reasoned decisions.
- Strong analytical skills to develop new solutions based on fact based data.
- Analytical problem solving skills - demonstrated experience conducting quantitative analysis to improve operational processes.
- Program/project/product management experience - track record of working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to deliver results.
Amazon s'engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, l'origine nationale, le sexe, l'identité sexuelle, l'orientation sexuelle, le statut d'ancien combattant protégé, le handicap, l'âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d'accommodement, sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Operations and Logistics