Position Summary PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER Job ID: 4013 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** PROPERTY PORTFOLIO MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
The Property Portfolio Manager (PPM) is responsible for the management and control of property management and tenant support services for all directly managed social housing, and in some cases, group homes and market-housing properties within an assigned area. The tenant population is diverse and includes seniors, people with mental or physical disabilities, substance addictions, individuals at risk of homelessness, women and children fleeing abuse, First Nations peoples and low-income families.
He/She/They contributes to the development and implementation of a property management plan for each housing complex that incorporates the facility condition index, characteristics of the tenant population and required/available community support services. The incumbent leads multi-functional teams in delivering a range of programs and services to ensure successful tenancies, the safety and well-being of tenants, and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the buildings. The position liaises with multiple government and community stakeholders in resolving property management and tenant issues and represents BC Housing in tenancy and court hearings. The majority of PPMs will have direct supervisory responsibility for a team of Building Managers and Janitors, and in some cases a Tenant Support Worker. The position may be required to provide contract administration for site representatives in the outer Regions. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or other relevant discipline, including completion of courses in property management.
- Minimum five years' experience at a senior level in property management and contract administration, with prior supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of property management, particularly in the social housing sector
- Sound knowledge of current social issues facing tenant populations such as homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- Thorough knowledge of building structures and systems and an ability to recognize deficiencies and prepare summaries of work required
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills and ability to negotiate contracts, mediate disputes and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate the delivery of a broad range of property management and tenant support services, function as an effective team leader, and make decisions based on an analysis of a range of issues and problems
- Ability to summarize and explain complex program information and funding requirements
- Ability to build consensus with multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting agendas; display tact and diplomacy to deal with a broad range of professions and community stakeholders; and be a socially sensitive administrator
- Ability to travel on frequent basis
- Valid BC driver's license and a reliable vehicle required.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Other Sales and Marketing