Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. The Student Programs team is a part of an organization building the systems used by recruiters and interviewers to help Amazon scale its hiring processes. We build services that will be the foundation for future hiring systems, and accelerate the replacement of legacy recruiting systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and operating new systems that will be core to realizing our vision of leveraging science and automation to generate continuous flow of talent into and across Amazon. Our team is a part of an organization building Amazon recruiting systems, such as Amazon.jobs and the systems used by recruiters and interviewers. We create systems that provide a clear end-to-end path for candidates, while providing the ability for recruiting organizations to optimize their recruiting processes. You will help drive your organization's product vision and roadmap. You will drive architectural design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable and adaptable platform.
Key job responsibilities
* Dive deep with your customers to identify and understand their pain points.
* Use your technical judgment and understanding to test assumptions.
* Think big to build durable products that anticipate future painpoints.
* Write press releases that make the business case and imagine what our excited customers will say when they use your products.
* Deliver products on time with the right feature set and high quality.
* Evangelize your products and drive adoption.
* Contribute to organizational product and roadmap planning.
* Help others grow professionally.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 10+ years of managing technical products or equivalent experience.
* Ability to work backwards from customers and with key stakeholders, e.g. to trade off addressable business opportunities against available resources.
* Experience in defining, evangelizing, and realizing the vision for a new product area.
* Track record of innovation, initiating and proposing strategic product initiatives, and defining the vision for strategic technical programs.
* Experience in compiling and effecitively communicating business plans, technical proposals, and product roadmaps to stakeholders at all levels.
* Experience in developing and mentoring junior product managers.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* 10+ years of experience of product management related to scalable, highly available services with high transaction volume.
* 5+ years of hands-on experience as a principal technical product manager.
* Experience working with data preparation techniques, and ML modeling frameworks and tooling.
* Experience designing and building products for developers and scientists.
* Passion for learning new technologies and finding ways to apply them to improve our customers' lives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming