Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have bold goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
We're looking for a front-end engineer to help build and expand the Sharing features within the Amazon Photos apps. Our ideal candidate is customer obsessed, excited to learn, and is energized by solving tough technical challenges. Come help us build delightful features used by millions!
Key job responsibilities
• Architecting, designing, developing and deploying new features for Amazon Photos Sharing team.
• Contributing best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing apps.
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Working in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Establishing architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
• Helping define and implement standards and promote best practices for the Amazon Photos Sharing team.
• Analyzing and optimizing applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints.
We'd love for you to apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Amazon Photos, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes
A day in the life
As an engineer on the Photos Sharing team, you will solve tough software engineering problems at scale. You'll architect and design the ongoing evolution of Sharing features, guide and mentor a team of engineers to deliver high quality results and produce exemplary code. You'll be a champion of best practices. The features you deliver will be at "Amazon Scale" and be loved by users worldwide.
About the team
The Photos Sharing team is responsible for building features that enable users to safely and securely share photos with friend and family. We have an exciting roadmap of new features to deliver over the next few years, including expanding and experimenting to encourage more sharing and engagement.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience developing front-end code for iOS and/or Android appsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with React Native or other cross-platform development frameworks
• Experience developing performant, customer facing user interfaces
• Knowledge of software testing best practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming