Permanent Reference code
:105262 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Ottawa; Quebec City; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Vancouver; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that often deals with emerging risk and independence issues of today's business environment? This is the role for you! What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
You will play an instrumental in ensuring the firm maintains its compliance with the professional independence rules by ensuring proposed services do not impair the firm's and practitioners' independence. You will work closely with practitioners at all levels of the firm, as well as the Risk Advisory Quality and Risk Management and National Independence teams in the application of independence rules, and evaluation of scope of services and technology assets. You will help ensure that practitioners comply with regulatory rules, as well as firm compliance activities. You will experience continuous learning of relevant independence standards while conducting independence consultations and the development of technical guidance and training materials to be distributed to the firm.About the team
The Risk Advisory Quality and Risk Management team consists of 8 team members who are responsible for managing risk for Risk Advisory service line at Deloitte from RFP stage all the way to the completion of an engagement and for development of technology assets through the technology asset development lifecycle. This involves getting engaged in risk or independence discussions to understand potential risk and to develop risk mitigation strategies to address. It also requires significant involvement in reviewing proposals, contracts, assessment of technology products offerings, or providing guidance on independence considerations and understanding the risk involved depending on the scope of work, or technology product considered.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
• 5-7 years' relevant experience in a related role in a large and complex professional services organization with at least 3 years at the management level (legal/compliance/audit experience is an asset)
• The ability to research, understand, and apply external regulations or supporting materials produced by IESBA, AICPA, PCAOB, Canadian Provincial Institutes and the SEC to relevant Risk Advisory services and technology offerings.
• Proven ability to advise and provide strategic direction to both internal resources and external clients and to have direct business experience in consulting services, coupled with a strong knowledge of working through legal, audit and compliance requirements.
• Ability to work in a demanding environment with multiple high-level project demands.
• Must be able to work effectively at a management level - i.e., establish credibility and authority with Firm leadership and client counterparts and to be able to drive the agenda from an independence perspective.
• The ability to write consultation memos.
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a supportive and collaborative team in a very fast paced, agile and unstructured environment.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Consulting, Developer, Equity, Risk Management, Legal, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive