Amazon is seeking a Manager, Business Operations to join the Ordering Team. As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions annually across Retail, Digital, Prime, AWS, and other internal business streams accepting a number of payment mechanisms including credit cards, direct debit, points and gift cards. Financial Research, Operations and Support Team support Amazon's many Businesses, Accounting, and technical teams to ensure system events are, completely and accurately, translated to financial events in a timely fashion. Come and join one of the teams that make Amazon the leader in the industry!
As a Business Operations Manager, you will lead a team of System Analysts, responsible for ensuring new businesses launch with the necessary logic, attributes, and reporting considerations to facilitate transactional matching from revenue events to cash received. You will partner with developers to envision and design tools to support research and analysis of exceptions. You will strategize across Accounting, Businesses, and Technical to develop best-practices to ensure operational excellence.
As a leader for this team, you must be capable of crafting a big-picture vision and garnering support from partner organizations to bring it to fruition. You must be able to communicate well with all areas and levels within the company. The ideal candidate will be a proven leader in a fast-paced, demanding environment, have a finance/accounting background, be detail oriented, and have experience managing teams that drive operational excellence by influencing others.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage and develop 5+ Systems Analysts while interacting with Businesses, Accounting, and technical source teams to ensure strong performance of this key team within Amazon.
• Lead, prioritize, and direct the team to ensure that findings causing financial or customer impact are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
• Identify operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects.
• Identify key business relationships and build a partnership for understanding challenges and opportunities.
• Drive development of tools, reporting improvement and automation worldwide, and create new innovative and insightful reports in a timely manner.
• Lead cross-functional projects across multiple geographies working with senior business leaders on major initiatives.
• Dive deep in all areas of your team. This role is both strategic and hands-on!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Demonstrated success in leading teams of 5+ people.
• Proven ability to build relationships and manage cross-functional teams.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong overall business acumen. - Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards.
• Maintains composure in the face of highly ambiguous environments and constant change.
• Experience in finance/ accounting.
• Strong programming skills combined with a keen interest in acquiring an advanced knowledge of SQL (including Oracle, Redshift and Python).
• Project management skills and an ability to drive multiple initiatives against tight deadlines.
• An advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office desktop applications.
• An excellent knowledge of data warehouse principles and reporting.
• Thinks big and is a vocal leader!PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in eCommerce and/or Payment Processing field.
• Consulting or big data experience a plus.
• Experience with statistics or Machine Learning methodologies a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics