Do you want to create the next generation data systems that can handle billions of dollars in transactions? Interested to build highly scalable next generation systems that could utilize Amazon Cloud services?
Massive data volume + complex business rules in a highly distributed and service oriented architecture = a world class information collection and delivery challenge. Our challenge is to deliver the software systems which accurately capture, process, and report on the huge volume of financial and operational transactions that are generated each day as millions of customers make purchases, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, as our associates receive, pick, pack and ship to our customers worldwide
Amazon's North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) organization fulfills customer orders throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico leveraging the hard work of thousands of our associates and our robotics technologies. As a Manager Business Intelligence Engineer with NACF Fulfillment, you will help identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve Operations and Finance facing systems and tools. You will be responsible for modeling complex/abstract problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, data mining and visualization techniques. Further, you will help automate processes by developing deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards to communicate these insights in real time to the business teams. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with internal end-users, cross-functional software development teams, and technical support/sustaining engineering teams to solve problems, and implement new solutions.
The complexity of research and skills for this role is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages.
This role is location flexible and can sit out of any of our nationwide corporate or fulfillment centers.
The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Amazon Redshift, MySQL) using SQL.
- Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. Ruby, Python, UNIX)
- Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools and dashboards
- Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
- Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data.
- Mentor and develop other analytics team members.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Industrial Engineer, Data Analyst, or related Continues Improvement roles (including but not limited to Program Management)
- 3+ years of recent Quicksight and/or Tableau or other visualization tools experience
- 2+ years of experience in creating descriptive, prescriptive, and/or predictive reporting and KPI content. Strong operational business understanding that impacted the business decisions of internal/external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent
- Must have Strong proficiency in advanced SQL, DML, Data Modeling, Microsoft Excel, and statistical analysis tools to perform deep dive analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated and able to own workload in a fast-paced environment to deliver results on self-driven deadlines
- Proficiency with at least one modern scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Statistics or another quantitative field preferred.
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Basic proficiency with statistical modeling, research methods, and machine learning applications
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics - gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with senior management as well as with colleagues from operations and business backgrounds.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.