We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We are 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
WSP is currently seeking a highly motivated Lead Geotechnical Engineer to our Ground Engineering and Materials Team in Vancouver, BC. You will be part of a large, highly successful team, using your skills to assist in the management of various large-scale projects throughout BC and Yukon.Responsibilities will include:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Working collaboratively with engineering staff on geotechnical consulting projects;
- Sharing technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions;
- Leading and preparing geotechnical studies and engineering reports providing recommendations on various geotechnical aspects in projects, based on studies and project-specific work;
- Providing geotechnical engineering expertise to support multi-disciplinary projects such as highways, bridges, buildings, dams, industrial infrastructure, tunneling, etc.;
- Developing and leading projects requiring geotechnical investigation programs, prepare bidding documents, solicit bids, evaluate subcontractor submissions and support project engineers as part of their mandate;
- Assessing and evaluating geotechnical issues encountered, such as: settlements, liquefaction potential, slope stabilization, interstitial overpressure development, preferential flow, frost heave, excavation and backfilling procedures, etc.;
- Supporting field operations through supervision and monitoring of boreholes, in situ tests, piezocone soundings, reconnaissance trenches, as well as miscellaneous construction work such as soil embankment construction, subgrade compaction assessment, installation of geosynthetics, etc and
- Other tasks as needed as part of your role in the team.
- A degree in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, as a P.Eng. with EGBC.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer, or related position.
- Knowledge of standard geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, Ensoft, Rocscience , or other similar software suites.
- Sense of initiative and be self-directed.
- Strong track record of managing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to perform critical evaluation of outputs for geotechnical analyses.
Expected Salary (all locations): $ 99,300 - $ 168,900
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.