What if everyone got on the same page?
This is something we ask ourselves every day at Bananatag. What if everyone got on the same page within organizations of all sizes. We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we look to help them improve communication to increase employee engagement!Who we are
Bananatag is an internal communication platform that allows employees to create a beautifully designed message, segment and distribute that message to multiple communication channels such as E-mail, Slack, Enterprise Social Networks and then measure the overall impact of the messaging. Our customers include some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer with 5+ years of industry experience who is passionate about frontend development to join our growing Product team. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Bananatag and an entire industry by transforming Bananatag into the one-stop-shop for internal communications within large enterprise companies.
As a Software Developer, you'll be responsible for not only building clean, effective, and scalable code across our growing SaaS platform, but also fostering individual, team, and cross-team relationships. You'll be responsible for mentoring developers by sharing your knowledge and experience. You'll help keep your team accountable by engaging in project planning and grooming sessions. Above all, you'll always be looking for ways to improve and help align teams to overall product strategy.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, drop us a line!What you will be doing for the organization:
- Translating business objectives into technical requirements while considering overall strategies
- Collaborating with all teams to evaluate feature feasibility and project timelines by identifying priorities, rabbit holes, and unclear interdependencies
- Bringing up or debugging issues in process or code across teams by identifying the root cause, considering multiple solutions, and making a logical recommendation
- Writing clean, scalable code while maintaining standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Advocating for excellent and abundant testing to bring code coverage to an acceptable standard
- Offering constructive feedback through pull requests and team discussions while taking feedback gracefully
- Actively learning and seeking out ways to continuously improve
- Proficient in the Node environment and NPM
- Solid foundation in frontend development using the latest features in React/Redux, Webpack and a CSS preprocessor such as Sass
- Basic knowledge in AWS
- Basic knowledge in SQL/noSQL database design
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews plus company stock options.
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision).
- Employee Assistance Program with Babylon by Telus (local doctors, therapists, and dieticians).
- RRSP program.
- 4 weeks of vacation.
- Flexible remote working policy.
How to Apply http://apply.workable.com/bananatag/j/6B11815ECB/
- A healthy and supportive environment for lifelong learning.
- Budget for extracurricular learning like going to conferences or taking classes as well as weekly learning and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. Not everyone is a rocket ship, and not everyone needs to be a rocket ship. Sometimes a rock-solid launchpad is just as important.
- A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here.
- A safe work environment where everyone can feel comfortable being the best version of themselves. Our teams are made of a diverse group of people, and we're always looking to increase that diversity!
- Leaders who act as thought partners who work with you through problems rather than micromanagers who bring you solutions to problems.
Software and Programming