Interested in Amazon Echo? Love graphics? Want to create products that will reach more than 100 million customers? Come join a close-knit team that's evolving the definition of Alexa, Amazon's virtual assistant.
Our team creates the core graphics software that runs on Alexa-enabled devices with screens. Amazon Alexa started with the vision of delivering the Star Trek computer to our customers. Today, customers can already ask Alexa to control their smart homes, TVs, play music, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. We are now augmenting Alexa's voice-forward interaction model with a range of experiences such as rich animated visuals, video, and immersive audio. We're creating the future of multi-modal interaction - what you see on devices today is just the beginning - it's still Day 1.
We've created the Alexa Presentation Language (APL) which includes a portable rendering engine, tools, content, and responsive templates that developers and device makers can use to author and render multi-modal experiences. Our software powers those experiences on our Echo family of devices, Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and partner devices like the Facebook Portal. Our Alexa Skills Kit developer tools and Alexa Presentation Language APIs allow anyone to write applications for our devices. We're committed to open source software, and are working to build a community around both our software stack and tools.
You've found the right team if you are a passionate software engineer with experience building innovative applications that customers love. You will join a growing organization and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Key job responsibilities
- Building software that runs with high quality on millions of Echo family devices, and Alexa-enabled Devices.
- Ownership of the definition of the Alexa Presentation Language.
- Understanding the business impact of your systems and showing good judgment when making technical trade-offs.
- Driving engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path, building consensus.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of TypeScript, with libraries such as React.
- Experience developing and supporting customer-facing HTTP APIs
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
- Experience with CI/CD in a frontend context.
- Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming