Line of Service
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.I
mportant points to consider
• This role has the option of being based out of any of our offices
• This role requires the candidate to be fluent in French and English Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As an External Audit Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Take on a professional role as part of our client-facing teams
• Support the development of the audit approach and complete planning procedures
• Provide coaching and feedback to junior members of the engagement team
• Examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment, or watch certain processes and procedures being performed
• Ask a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - with a range of individuals at our client organizations
• Test the client organization's internal controls
• Assess significant estimates, judgements or assumptions made by management
• Verify and test financial statements and supporting disclosures
• Perform completion procedures to support issuance of the audit report Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Qualified Canadian CPA or equivalent reciprocal/recognized designation, or commitment to completing the Canadian CPA and ability to enroll in the CPA Professional Education Program.
• Demonstrated progressive experience at the Senior Associate level working with a range of external audit clients in a professional services firm
• Experience working with banking, insurance, asset management, energy and mining clients is considered an asset.
• A strong understanding of Canadian and United States auditing standards and/or PCAOB standards
• Knowledge of IFRS and/or ASPE, US GAAP is considered an asset
• Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards, with demonstrated exceptional performance.
• Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
• Previous experience in coaching and leading engagement teams
• Project management experience
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
• Fluent in French and English
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Flexibility to travel up to 25% Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs. Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Be a part of The New Equation.
Chez PwC Canada, notre atout le plus précieux, c'est notre personnel. Et c'est en apprenant les uns des autres que nous devenons plus forts. Nous avons à cœur de créer une communauté équitable et inclusive de professionnels de la résolution de problèmes, dans laquelle chacun se sent vraiment à sa place. Nous savons que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et, pour nous, donner confiance au public et résoudre des problèmes importants n'est possible que si notre milieu de travail reflète la diversité de la société dans laquelle nous vivons.
Nous tenons à répondre à vos besoins tout au long du processus de demande d'emploi, d'entrevue et d'embauche. Si vous avez besoin de mesures d'adaptation pour être parfaitement à l'aise, faites-le-nous savoir à l'étape de la demande d'emploi.
Pour en savoir plus sur l'inclusion et la diversité chez PwC Canada: https://www.pwc.com/ca/fr/about-us/diversity-inclusion.html. Faites partie de La Nouvelle équation.