Our client is looking for a Data Warehouse Developer for a full time opportunity!
- Work closely with the Digital and Analytics team to optimize data systems and pipeline architecture.
- Create business analytics solutions through common development practices.
- Design, develop, document and support analytic models, reports, dashboards, and ETL/ELT.
What & Why:
The Data Warehouse Developer can quickly learn business domain knowledge to build and support our clients data systems in order to work closely with our systems architects, data engineers, and analysts to deliver business value through the development of our data products. You will be working within our clients Analytics team building data systems and developing data products, reporting to the Director of Business Systems & Digital Architecture.
Our client is a global marine services company, based in downtown Vancouver, this role is to be carried out in a hybrid model with candidates expected to be onsite at least 1-2 days per week
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
Essential Experience and Skills
- 5 years’ experience developing data warehouses and analytical products in analytics team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. Strong data modeling skills (relational, dimensional and flattened).
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and strong SQL optimization skills.
- Experience in an operational role supporting data platforms and business intelligence solutions. Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong solution design experience.
- Experience integrating data from different sources (API, Databases, files, etc.)
- Experience with the following platforms: Data Factory, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI.
- Experience with the following tools and technologies an asset: Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake, DevOps Repos/Pipelines.
- Building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets for machine learning and analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional global teams.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python or C