Are you excited about the prospect of making it easier for builders to innovate and create great software? If so, Amazon Software Builder Experience (ASBX) may be the place for you. Created in 2022, ASBX has the mission of creating the world's best builder experience across tens of thousands of software engineers across both Amazon and AWS.
Operational Awareness and Recommendations works at the core of ASBX, by providing information that software builders need so they can spend more time building features and less on maintaining operations.
We are seeking a Data Engineer II to join our data science and engineering team. This is an opportunity to join a group with a broad charter and stakeholders across Amazon to directly influence the experience for every builder at Amazon worldwide.
Our team of high caliber software developers, data scientists and engineers, and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right product and experience to develop for our builders. In order to accomplish this, we leverage the wealth of Amazon's information to build a wide range of probabilistic models, design experiments, and develop insights that shape product roadmaps. We are looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer II to join us in creating and maintaining a world-class data and knowledge sharing platform and contribute to the overall insights and data infrastructure strategy for Builder Experience.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead large projects, requiring both business and technical domain knowledge, and drive solutions to complex or ambiguous problems.
• Shape the team's business and technical strategy and influence the strategies of related teams.
• Recruit and help others leverage your expertise by actively mentoring and developing in your organization.
• Act as a role-model for scientists, engineers, and business intelligence engineers
• Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
• Proactively participate in forming the roadmap and communicate that strategy, status, and deliverables to stakeholders.
• Utilize standard techniques and algorithms to deliver results while improving upon existing methodologies (and disseminating novel developments)
• Model data and metadata to support scientific research, reporting, and machine learning.
Design, development, and maintenance of data workflow orchestrations
• Build services/integrations for our web applications
• Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products within Amazon to reduce overall operational cost and enhance customer experience.
• Building strong relationships and work across teams.
• Communicate verbally and in writing to business customers and leadership team with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our systems, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
About the team
The data science team in Builder Insights believes Are Right, A Lot means listening to diverse points of view and building a culture of inclusivity where every team member can contribute. It's only when we work together and include everyone that the best ideas can shine through, and that's when we have the most impact for our customers. You can let your Ownership shine on this team! - we wear different hats, getting involved with product strategy, building infrastructure, and everything in between. We have an innate desire to Learn & Be Curious and Dive Deep as engineers and scientists.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or other quantitative field
• Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match.
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Demonstrated experience in SQL/NO-SQL and data modeling skills, as well as AWS technologies.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Software/Web development experience with large-scale internet-facing systems and web technologies
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other team members for the best practices in software development.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Administrative Information Technology